Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This hearty stromboli isn't difficult to make and is great for serving a group. I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 lb sliced deli ham
- 1⁄3 lb sliced salami
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the contents of hot roll mix and yeast packet. Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Press into a lightly greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan.
- Layer ham, salami, American cheese, mozzarella cheese and Italian sausage over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long side; pinch seam to seal. Place diagonally in pan. Brush dough with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake at 375° F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.