Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Frozen green peas add lovely color to this comforting meal-in-one. The easy, cheesy dish is a terrific way to use up extra baked ham from a holiday feast or dinner party."
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded processed cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a saucepan, melt 2 T. butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted.
- Add the ham, noodles and peas. Pour into a greased 1 quart baking dish. Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.