Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family eats these tasty tortillas as fast as I can make them. Good thing they can be made in a hurry.
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, quartered
- 3 (6 ounce) packages boiled ham (24 slices)
- 4 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- garlic salt
- sour cream (optional)
- minced chives (optional)
- In a electric skillet, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°F
- Fry tortillas wedges, a few at a time, until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Top each with a folded ham slice, 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 teaspoons picante sauce. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Broil 4-6 in from the heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm. If desired, top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.
what a good snack. thanks for posting dee