Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for breakfast or lunch on the run.
Make and share this Ham N' Cheese Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 cup milk (not fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup smoked ham, finely chopped
- preheat oven to 400*F and prepare muffin tins.
- in large bowl, shift together flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- in a separate bowl beat egg, milk, butter and mustard; stir into flour mixture. stir in cheese and ham.
- spoon into prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until fully risen and browned.
Oh my gosh Daisy, these are wonderful! I used Eggbeaters Southwestern flavor for the egg and it worked perfectly with the flavors already present. The peppers, cheese (I used Colby) and mustard (whole grain in my case) with the ham are nothing less than scrumptious. I just can't recommend this recipe highly enough. Made for Photo Tag.