Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great with soup and a salad. From Taste of Home.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages cornbread-muffin mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- In a bowl combine the corn bread mixes, milk and eggs. Pour half of the batter into an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer with ham and cheese; carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Ok, I've made this twice now. I cooked this recipe using Recipe #4496 (I didn't double cornbread recipe)this time and changed some things. I changed pan size to 13*9*2. I changed the cook temp to 350 and cooked 45 mins. It was like eating cornbread & ham sandwiches. Not bad if you like cornbread but really dry. So if you're going to make this add something else to get the wow factor either to the batter , the inside or the crust.