Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A quick-to-fix favorite that has both eye appeal and great taste. Recipe from "Quick Cooking.
- 1 (1 lb) ham steak, boneless
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9 inch)
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 dash pepper
- Cut ham to fit the bottom of pastry shell; place into shell.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over ham.
- Cover edges of piecrust loosely with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake at 425* for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This recipe is quick and tasty. I make it with a few alterations: rather than using a large slice of ham, I use cubes leftover from a ham dinner. I substitute cream of onion soup because of allergies, which eliminates the need for chives. And I sometimes add some lightly sauteed veggies- whatever I have on hand. Broccoli is good, as is bell pepper and zucchini.