Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy and healthy. From Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3⁄4 lb fully cooked lean ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream.
- Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain fettuccini; stir into the mushroom mixture.
- Add ham; heat through.
This is a great recipe. My son really enjoyed it. I used whole wheat spaghetti to make it healthier. Thanks wife2abadge :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game