Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's "Easy Family Dinners." Made it this morning for breakfast and DH and 5 year old both ate it up! I substituted low fat or fat free ingredients at every opportunity (egg product, l/f cheese, l/f cream cheese, etc.) and it was a great high-protein meal!
- 6 eggs
- 12 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked ham
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Spray 13x9x2 inches pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with fork.
- Stir in cottage cheese and all remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- Drop cream cheese by 1/2 teaspoonfuls into egg mixture.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40- 45 mins or until set in center.
- Let stand 5 mins before cutting.
- Cut into squares.
Everyone enjoyed it! Not as heavy or greasy as other breakfast casseroles. I used regular cream cheese and added some minced green onion and onion salt. This is more like 12 servings for my family. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This recipe was made & served recently as both breakfast & dinner along with teatimetory's recipe #308501 ~ A BIG HIT at both times! Want to make this one again, but a healthier version of it, for sure! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]