Recipe by AngelicFantasia
This is a great way to use leftover ham. It can be served on a sandwich, on a bed of lettuce, on a cracker as an hors d'oeuvre, or with melon, figs, or peaches as a first course. From the book Relax! It's Only Dinner by Cheryl Merser. Easy and tasty.
- 1 lb baked ham, from the deli or 1 lb left over baked ham
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry port wine (I always omit the port wine) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more to taste
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the ham in chunks, removing any rind or fat.
- Put into the food processor, and pulse until it's the texture of hamburger.
- Stir in everything else, and if possible, chill for at least a couple of hours before serving.
- Bring back to room temperature again before serving so that the butter isn't hardened.