Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light and delicate mousse. This was served at my daughters wedding and there was none left! A nice addition for a brunch or shower luncheon.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked ham, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine gelatin and water in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until gelatine dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Add mayonnaise beating well.
- Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white; don't let it chill to long.
- Stir in next four ingredients (ham, celery, green pepper and onion).
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into lightly oiled 4 cup mold or shape into 2 logs.
- Chill until firm.
- Serve with gourmet crackers or baguette.