Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Oh this is sooo good. It smells heavenly and has that great mix of sweet and salty.
Make and share this Ham Meatballs in Brown Sugar Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground cooked ham (I use leftover ham)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup crushed shredded wheat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the pork ham, eggs, milk and cereal. Mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2 inch to 2 inch meatballs.
- Place in a greast 13x9 baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 60-70 minutes or until browned.
This was superb, beautiful blend of flavours and so quick to make! I served along with hokkien noodles and some stir-fried vegies and it would also go really well with rice or potato based sides as well. The only change I made to was to use a layer of baking paper rather than greasing the dish, I thought the caramelization of the sugar would make a mess of the dish and it did make the cleanup a lot easier.