Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Think Shepherd's Pie with ham instead of ground beef or lamb. I came up with this for something different to do with leftover ham. Preparation time includes chopping fresh vegetables and peeling potatoes. Make it quick with leftover mashed potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables instead of the separate ingredients listed below.
- 473.18 ml ham, chopped
- 314.66 ml carrots, chopped
- 314.66 ml green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 314.66 ml corn, whole kernel
- 473.18 ml potatoes, mashed
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 304.75 g can Healthy Request cream of celery soup
- 118.29 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil and mash 4-5 small potatoes or use leftover mashed potatoes.
- Prepare fresh vegetables or use 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables. Simmer until almost tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- While potatoes and/or vegetable are cooking, chop ham.
- In a 3 quart (2.8 liter) casserole, combine soup and broth. Add ham and drained vegetables.
- Mash potatoes with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cream cheese. Spread over top of ham and vegetable mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling around edges and cheese is melted.