1/2 Photos of Ham & Mashed Potato Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Think Shepherd's Pie with ham instead of ground beef or lamb. I came up with this for something different to do with leftover ham. Preparation time includes chopping fresh vegetables and peeling potatoes. Make it quick with leftover mashed potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables instead of the separate ingredients listed below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups corn, whole kernel
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Boil and mash 4-5 small potatoes or use leftover mashed potatoes.
- 2Prepare fresh vegetables or use 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables. Simmer until almost tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- 3While potatoes and/or vegetable are cooking, chop ham.
- 4In a 3 quart (2.8 liter) casserole, combine soup and broth. Add ham and drained vegetables.
- 5Mash potatoes with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cream cheese. Spread over top of ham and vegetable mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling around edges and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham & Mashed Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 1103.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Healthy Request cream of celery soup