Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This marinade tones down the saltiness of a ham slice. It's delicious if you grill the ham slice after marinating. The time does not include marinating time.
- 1 large ham steak (you can cut it into servings before marinating to make them easier to handle while grilling)
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Put ham and marinade in resealable plastic bag.
- Marinate ham slice a few hours or overnight.
- Fire up the grill or broiler or even heat in a pan on top of the stove.
- Cook ham until done and heated through.
- Baste during cooking.
This marinade worked perfectly for the ham slices that I used. It definitely eliminated the saltiness and gave it a wonderful flavor. I marinated it overnight and then grilled it, basting occasionally as it cooked. Thank you for sharing. :-)
Great marinade. I marinated a ham steak in it for a few hours and it came out great. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Exactly as promised it toned down the saltiness of ham, the one reason I don't make ham often. I tried it the OAMC way, as per Pam, and it turned out very good. I will be making ham a lot more often now with this marinade.