Recipe by luvmybge
This marinade tones down the saltiness of a ham slice. It's delicious if you grill the ham slice after marinating. The time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Merlot
This marinade worked perfectly for the ham slices that I used. It definitely eliminated the saltiness and gave it a wonderful flavor. I marinated it overnight and then grilled it, basting occasionally as it cooked. Thank you for sharing. :-)
- 1 large ham steak (you can cut it into servings before marinating to make them easier to handle while grilling)
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Put ham and marinade in resealable plastic bag.
- Marinate ham slice a few hours or overnight.
- Fire up the grill or broiler or even heat in a pan on top of the stove.
- Cook ham until done and heated through.
- Baste during cooking.