Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Ham & Manchego Panini With Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices country bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 ounces manchego cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Top each of 2 bread slices with ham, Manchego, and remaining slices. Brush tops of panini with 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-low. Place panini in skillet, oiled side up. Cover; cook until golden brown and cheese has melted, 5 to 8 minutes per side, pressing down with a spatula 3 to 4 times during cooking.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a small bowl, mix together jam and Dijon. Serve panini with sauce on the side.
Very good. I did think that using the Dijon kind of overpowered the taste of the ham, and especially the Manchego. Think I will try and use a milder mustard, next time. Thnx for sharing your recipe, scarley. Made for PAC Fall 2009.