Recipe by Jane' Burch
Recipe Source: Crisco http://crisco.com/scripts/display_recipe.asp?recipe_nbr=37950 I altered this one a bit to suit our tastes. My husband and daughter love it. The more cheese and meat the better.
Top Review by Bergy
I did not award any stars to this recipe as there appears to be a mistake with the amount of flour. The one tbsp did not begin thicken the sauce so I improvised and used 3 additional tsp of corn starch - I used a ham sausage. The end result was tasty but the texture was still not right. I have z-mailed the chef and when there is a response I will make the recipe again and award stars
- 8 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups baked ham, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour until well mixed.
- Pour in the milk, stirring until thickened. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the cheese and mix well.
- Stir ham into the cheese sauce; then stir the cheese sauce into the macaroni in a casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.