Recipe by CelesteEve
We have this EVERY Christmas Eve but would be great to make with Easter ham leftovers. Its easy and a hit from kids to adults!
- 2 lbs ham (precooked and boneless)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 -3 cups wheat flakes cereal
- 1 egg
- salt (to taste, the ham will provide plenty of salt)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly (currant is best otherwse use concord grape)
- 1 cup cooking sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Use food processor to chop ham into small pieces.
- Blend ham and pork sausage with fingers.
- Blend in Wheaties, egg, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Grease loaf pans. Depending on what size loaf pan, you may have 2 small loafs. Fill pans up to once inch from top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until it pull away from edge and is fully cooked through center. (remember time will be different depending on you loaf pan size. check check check while cooking).
- Cool while making sauce.
- melt together jelly and sherry.
- remove the loafs from pan.
- serve sauce over sliced loaf pieces. Make extra sauce. Once people have a taste it'll disappear quickly!