1 hr 20 mins
James Craig's Note:
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. Cooking time includes 10 minutes resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus butter for greasing of pan
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 lb mushroom, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1Slice the ham into cubes.
- 2Using a food processor, chop the ham into medium coarse texture.
- 3Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, celery, salt and pepper.
- 4Cook briefly until wilted, add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- 5Cook 3 minutes, remove from heat-let cool.
- 6Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Spoon the mixture into a bowl and add the ham, bread crumbs, eggs, pistachios, sour cream, cumin, nutmeg, and parsley.
- 8Blend well.
- 9Butter a 9x5x2.5-inch loaf pan.
- 10Add the mixture and pack well.
- 11Smooth over the top and place in the oven.
- 12Bake 40 minutes.
- 13Remove from the oven and let stand in a warm place at least 10 minutes before serving.
- 14Serve hot with sweet relish or chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Loaf With Pistachios
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.8
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 279.5 mg
- Sodium 765.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 60.5 g