Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is another one of my civil war recipes.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground ham
- 1 lb sausage
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Combine milk, eggs & soft bread crumbs.
- Add meat, mixing well.
- Shape into a loaf & place in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, water dry mustard in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Bring to a broil, stirring constantly & pour over the ham loaf.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for one hour & 15 minutes.
- Serving size is approximate.
I enjoyed this recipe very much. I thought at first that it would be much too moist to hold together well, but was moist without being mushy. Made quite a large loaf, plenty for me to freeze and have again, later. Thanks, Fawndog.