Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The original name for this recipe was Upside Down Ham Loaf but since it hasn't been reviewed yet I thought I'd better simplify the name. This is a great go-to kind of recipe. With Easter around the corner, it is a great way to use up leftover ham. I'm not real big into ..loaf anything-be it meatloaf, or otherwise, but this little gem really caught my attention AND my notorious sweet tooth!!! It's different, it's lovely to look at, and most importantly, it tastes great!! Try it, you'll like it. Serve it with my Easy Cheesy Potatoes sidedish and steamed carrots. Bon appetit--
- Sprinkle sugar over bottom of greased loaf pan (9 1/2 x 5 approx).
- Cover with pineapple.
- Put rest of ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Pack ingredients into pan in a loaf form. Bake 375°F for 1-1 1/4 hours.
- Turn upside down on a platter. Top with maraschino cherries and serve.
- If you have any leftovers serve them on pumpernickel/rye bread the next day for lunch. Very tasty.
- Optional: For those who like a little kick to their food try adding a teaspoon of dry mustard powder to the ingredients as you are mixing them together.
Sorry I can't go much higher than average on this one.
Mine turned out a little dry with only the pinapple comming through. I would of liked more brown sugar and perhaps some mustard for the glaze. Being upside down, I had very little glaze at all when de-panned.