Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a Cooks Ham flier. I actually used thick slices of ham and cut them into strips, but I'm sure its also good (maybe better) made with whole ham like the recipe says to use.
- 2 cups ham steaks or 2 cups bone-in ham, shredded into medium pieces
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup peas
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When the pan begins to smoke, saute the garlic for 1 minute. Add the ham and continue to saute until ham begins to brown. Finally, add the capers and the peas, saute for one more minute.
- While the skillet is still hot, drain the pasta and add to the ham mixture. Add the lemon zest, juice, salt, pepper and 2 more tbsp olive oil. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes to let the flavors combine. Remove from heat and toss with herbs.