Ham, Leek & Gruyere Baked Egg Cups
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium-size skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme to the pan, and sauté 5-6 minutes, until very soft.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and cook about a minute. Whisk in the stock and bring up to a bubble to thicken the mixture up. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and reserve.
- While the leeks are cooking, spray the insides of a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Line each cup with a slice of ham or prosciutto folded in half.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the cooked leeks into each lined cup and top with a little shredded cheese. Press the leeks and cheese down a little with your finger to make room, then crack an egg into each one, making sure it stays whole.
- Season the tops of the eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and place the muffin tin on a baking sheet. Transfer sheet to the oven and bake 15 minutes, until the eggs set.
- Remove tin from the oven and allow the baked eggs to cool in the muffin cups for a couple of minutes before removing them from the pan. Serve a green salad alongside.