Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Comfort food at its best. Posted as a request.
- 5 cups cabbage, chopped
- 6 large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped (3 cups)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, undrained
- Combine all ingredients except the garbanzo beans in a dutch oven.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the undrained garbanza beans.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Add more water if needed.
Very good! Would make it again, already am making it again. The only thing I did different was to add 14oz fat free chicken broth to add a little more flavor and we like more broth. Highly recommend this recipe. Thank you Karen.
I've been making your recipe for years and realized I never rated it. The kids LOVE this and for most of the time, they think my sliced cabbage are noodles. Ha. It has a mild flavor, also great for kids. AND its wheat free, gluten free. Yeehaw.
Made this and it was wonderful!! Even my Dad loved it and he is picky! I didn't have seasoning salt so I sprinkled some garlic salt, paprika, and parsley on it. I also sauteed a couple of cloves of garlic in EVOO before adding everything. Lastly, I added two chicken cubes to it. Great recipe!