Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had a TON of left-over ham from Easter, and needed to make something with it. I used the items from my freezer, refrigerator & pantry, and came out with this concoction!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups left-over ham, chopped (I used my left-overs & I'm approximating the 2 cups, use more or less to your liking)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (I used carrots, corn, peas & green beans)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup (Campbell's condensed)
- 1⁄2 cup medium cheddar, cubed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic granules
- paprika, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional garnish)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Prepare a large casserole dish (mine is 12 X 9 X 4) by liberally spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ham, onion, and celery. Cook until onions and celery are soft. (Approximately 5 minutes).
- Combine the remaining in ingredients (except the paprika) in a large mixing bowl. Add the ham/onion/celery mixture to the mixing bowl. Stir well to incorporate.
- Spread the entire mixture into prepared casserole dish; sprinkle with paprika for some color.
- Bake 1 hour or until the casserole is heated all the way through and the vegetables are tender. Garnish with green onions and parsley, if desired.
I made this for dinner last night. DELICIOUS!! I used a broccoli, cauliflower, carrot combo of vegetables (b/c that's what I had on hand) but I am sure this would be good with ANY combination. Thanks for a new family favorite! :)