Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an adopted recipe I will try and change up as soon as I can. Any suggestions?
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 dash cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 4 ounces light cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb ham, chopped
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- pork sausage link
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk, stirring until smooth.
- Combine flour mixture, remaining 1 1/4 cups milk, mustard, pepper and salt in a medium saucepan, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until milk mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Combine cheese mixture, ham, corn and hash browns in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Spoon potato mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 to 35 additional minutes or until golden.
- Serve with sausage links.