Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Here's the simple crock pot combination I've come up with based on friends' advice and some other recipes I've read. I like to serve it with corn bread and sliced fresh tomatoes. NOTE: In the time since I originally posted this recipe, I've tweaked it a bit more when I make it at home. I found that the addition of some chicken broth really enhances the flavor! However, I'm leaving it here as originally posted.
- 1 smoked pork hock
- 1 (15 ounce) jarwhole white pearl onions
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecooked diced ham (or leftover sliced ham)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen French-cut green beans (or regular cut, or canned)
- 4 baking potatoes, diced (or red potatoes, halved)
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot. (There's no need to defrost any ingredients that have been frozen.).
- Cook on low for 6 hours.