8 hrs 15 mins
This is my first original recipe, but I welcome criticism! (although my boyfriend had thirds and then passed out on the couch). I knew I wanted to cook ham shanks in the crock pot, but I couldn't find any recipes that were quite what I was looking for. The ingredients I listed here will fill a 3 quart pot, but I imagine quantities are flexible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) ham shank (a ham hock may be acceptable, but it doesn't have as much meat)
- 3 -4 large potatoes, peeled (or not)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed with the ends cut off
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, juice extracted (NOTE ( I only use the juice from the canned beans, not the beans themselves)
- salt and pepper
- 11. Place whole ham shank in slow cooker.
- 22. Cover ham with prepared fresh green beans and potatoes.
- 33. Pour chicken broth and canned green bean juice over all ingredients.
- 44. Top with salt and pepper.
- 55. Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- 66. In the last hour of cooking, remove the bone from the ham shank. The meat should fall off pretty easily (or at least be close to it). Keep meat in slow cooker and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (727 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.3
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 39.9 g