Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rice tastes just like the restaurants. I got it from a coworker, and I really like it. You can use shrimp or pork or any meat you like in place of the ham.
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 scrambled eggs
- diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- In a wok or frying pan heat 2 Tbsp oil.
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are tender.
- Add rice, soy sauce, eggs, teriyaki sauce and ham.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. The less you stir it the more crunchiness there will be.
- Add peas, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Made for PAC all 2008. I liked this. DH was so-so. He is not a big rice eater so the so-so is a good thing. I wasn't sure how much ham to add and whether it was cooked ham or lunchmeat ham so I used some cooked ham I had here from dinner. I also was unsure of type of peas (frozen, fresh, or canned) so I used frozen. With the items I used, I did like it and will make again. I also used fresh minced garlic, 2 tablespoons as opposed to ground or powdered garlic as I figured that may be overwhelming. You may want to specify some of the ingredients if it makes a difference in the outcome but like I said I liked what I had eaten and plan to have more (leftover)for lunch today. Thank you for a good recipe that I will use again.