Recipe by Cyberspace Monkey
I cut this out of my local newspaper and it's great as an appetizer!
Top Review by pamela t.
This was a great, light appetizer for our football Sunday. The cucumber was freshly delicious and the mustard and walnuts gave this recipe the crunch and zing. Don't leave out the curry. It makes this recipe. I will make this again and again. made for My 3 Chefs 2008.
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped ham
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large English cucumber
- yellow sweet pepper, cut into strips (use as garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, finely mince ham and mayonnaise (or if by hand finely chop ham and mix in mayonnaise) Remove and stir in walnuts, mustard and curry powder.
- Score cucumber with tines of fork.
- Cut cucumber into 1/2-3/4 inch slices.
- Use melon baller, scoop out core of cucumber leaving bottom intact.
- Fill each cup with approx. 2 tsp. filling.
- Use yellow pepper strips as garnish on top of filling.