8 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is from "The Best of Bridge", the first cookbook in a series of six written by a group of women who loved cards and food. The first book was written in 1976.I am guessing at the servings, since it didn't say in the recipe. Perhaps someone who tries the recipe could confirm the number of servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cubed ham
- 1/2 lb cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons green olives
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1For the filling: Mix ingredients and fill buns.
- 2Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 3For the chili sauce: These ingredients are cooked together until the mixture thickens and becomes a dark red.
- 4This will take pretty well the whole day at low heat.
- 5Stir occasionally.
- 6The tomatoes should be cut up.
- 7Use your discretion with the chili peppers.
- 8Use the bottle crushed chilies from the spice section.
- 9I keep tasting it through the day and adding more until it is as hot as I want it.
- 10This is a nice condiment with beef or macaroni dish.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Filled Buns
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 1293.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g