This is another quick and easy snack, appetizer, side to soup and/or salad. Don't skip the sauce! It really makes these tiny little sandwiches. The biscuits can be baked, split and buttered up to 24 hours prior to serving, just store in an air-tight container.
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury big country refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (the layer type doesn't work as well)
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 20 slices deli-sliced cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each biscuit in half crosswise (to make 2 half-moon shapes); place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- With back of teaspoon, spread 1 tablespoon mustard evenly over tops of biscuits.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onions and butter, mix well.
- Split each cooled biscuit; spread both halves with about 1/4 teaspoon butter mixture.
- Roll ham slices loosely and place on bottom biscuit halves; cover with top halves to make sandwiches.
- In another bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients; blend well.
- Transfer to small serving dish.
- Serve the sandwiches arranged around the dipping sauce on a platter for serving.
Wow - awesome for breakfast! The honey mustard was fantastic - I will use this over and over again. I didn't do the filling exactly as stated, just used a slice of thick country-style ham. I'm so glad there are leftovers for tomorrow!
Mainly, I'm rating the dipping sauce ( and the overall idea). I used King's Hawaiian bread rolls, using the dipping sauce as a spread and ham slices as the filling. I cut each roll in half on the diagonal to form a bite-size triangle. I served these with more dipping sauce. Very good!
These were very good little sandwiches! I forgot to put the mustard on before I baked the biscuits, but they were still quite tasty. And you're right--the sauce really does make them. I think it's become my favorite honey mustard sauce! Thanks for a winner!