Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is like turkey and dressing, only it is ham and dressing--very yummy.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package herbed croutons (7 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup your choice nuts
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 2 cups.
- Combine margarine, sugar and 2 cups liquid in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add croutons all at once, tossing lightly till croutons are thoroughly moistened.
- Add pineapple, nuts and raisins, mixing lightly.
- Spoon into greased 3-quart glass baking dish, pressing into the dish lightly.
- Bake in 350° oven for 25 minutes or till piping hot.
- Serve with ham, baked beans, sweet potatoes, or mashed potatoes and hot bread (if you like).