Recipe by Jellyqueen
This recipe was given to me by a cousin. It is a wonderful recipe for carrying to work, or just to fix at home to have to eat while sitting and watching a movie or the game on tv.
Top Review by jaynine
I love the flavor of this spread. I used leftover ham from Easter and chopped it fine in the food processor. I added about a tbsp of honey to the mixture, and made half with cheddar cheese and half with swiss. I first used Hawaiian rolls, and had trouble keeping the bottom of the rolls from getting too crispy. I tried it again with english muffins under the broiler (instead of rolls), and that worked well.
- 1 package sliced ham, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 packages heat and serve rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all (except rolls) together.
- Remove rolls from foil trays and using a sharp knife, split rolls in half.
- Spread ham mixture between the rolls and place back in pans.
- Cover with foil, warm on 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes (don't overheat).
- Let cool before cutting rolls apart.