Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Wonderful, comfort food and a great way to use ham leftovers! I remembered these from my childhood and now my family loves them too!
- 2 cups minced ham
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 T water
- Mince Ham in blender or food processor, put aside.
- Make cream sauce by Melting 4 T butter, slowly add while stirring 4T flour & 1/2t salt. When mixed well slowly add 1C skim milk and stir till it is thick.
- Mix Ham, minced onions, parsley and cream sauce.
- Press into an 8x8 pan and refridgerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into 9 squares, flour squares, dip them in egg/water mixture and then in bread crumbs.
- Fry in canola oil.
- While frying make a second batch of cream sauce, by Melting 4 T butter, slowly add while stirring 4T flour & 1/2t salt. When mixed well slowly add 1C skim milk and stir till it is thick.
- Serve with cream sauce on the side for topping.