Daniel Aguilar's Note:
Cuando iba al cole de pequeno en venezuela junto con un zumo de pina era mi desayuno preferido. When I was little and went to school in venezuela, along with some pinaple juice, this was my favourite breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the yeast, a small amount of water and 1/2 cup warm water into a small container.
- 2Let rise for 10 minutes or so.
- 3In a large glass bowl, combine the sugar, salt, oil and milk.
- 4Add the flour and knead until everything is mixed.
- 5Then add the eggs and keep kneading.
- 6Finally, add the yeast mixture and stir until the mixture has a consistent texture (that sounds backwards to me, but I didn't write the recipe--I'm just translating).
- 7Cover the mixture with plastic wrap (or stick in a plastic bag) and let it rise in a warm place for two hours.
- 8Knead the dough again, and then divide it into four equal parts.
- 9Work with one part at a time.
- 10Roll each part of the dough into a 25 centimeter (10 inch) circle using a rolling pin--not yesterday's wine bottle, Coke bottle or whatever.
- 11Cut the flattened dough into 8 triangles, as if you were cutting a cake.
- 12Place ham in the widest part of each triangle.
- 13Then roll up each triangle, beginning at the widest part (where the ham is) and rolling towards the point of the triangle (which used to be the middle of the circle).
- 14Place the wrapped-up ham on a cookie sheet or pan, with the point folded underneath so it doesn't come unrolled.
- 15Cover the rolls with plastic and let rise for one hour in a warm place.
- 16Pre-heat oven to 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 17Brush melted butter on each roll and cook them in the heated oven for 15 minutes or until they are light golden.
- 18Remove them from the oven and brush with either a mixture of water and sugar or with an egg white.
- 19Return them to the oven until they are golden brown.
- 22If your dough does not raise it's because your yeast is old.
- 23Don't assume the yeast you bought at Christmas to make"panes de jamon" (another recipe for ham bread) will still work.
- 24Buy new yeast.
- 28Eat the rolls while hot.
- 33If you don't want quite so many rolls, you can freeze the dough and make them another day.
- 34Or if you like, you can make the rolls without the ham and leave them in the freezer for up to two months.
- 35You can cook those after thawing them for only a few minutes.
- 36But I always just make 32 rolls and four of us eat them all within two days.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Croissant Rolls (venezuela)
Serving Size: 1 (1215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 89.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g