Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This really is wonderful!! It is my son's favorite! Every one who has tried it, loves it!
- 5 -6 medium potatoes, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup ham, diced (more if you like)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I usually use 2 c.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- salt and pepper (season to own taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Saute onions in the butter,
- Add ham, soup, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. (if too thick, add a little more milk).
- Add cream corn and cayenne pepper. simmer on low for 20.
- You want to stir every few minutes or so throughout the process. I serve w/ crusty bread.
I had leftover ham and needed a good recipe to pack in my DH's thermos, and this was fantastic. Instead of cooking it on the stove top I cooked it in the crockpot overnight on low, so I didn't pre-cook the potatoes. Half hour before serving I stirred and kept the cover off for it to thicken. Sprinkled with Smoked Hot Paprika. Thank You irayd8u!
We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make chowder. It was wonderful, full of flavor and so smooth and silky. Great use for our leftover ham. Loved the flavor and ease of this recipe that was Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game. Thank you for sharing.
Everyone loved this chowder. I only used 2 family sized Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cups of milk, 8 oz. of diced ham. And no cayenne pepper. Will use a little bit more corn next time also. Yummy to our tummy's.