Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This really is wonderful!! It is my son's favorite! Every one who has tried it, loves it!
Make and share this Ham, Corn, and Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions in the butter,
- Add ham, soup, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. (if too thick, add a little more milk).
- Add cream corn and cayenne pepper. simmer on low for 20.
- You want to stir every few minutes or so throughout the process. I serve w/ crusty bread.
I had leftover ham and needed a good recipe to pack in my DH's thermos, and this was fantastic. Instead of cooking it on the stove top I cooked it in the crockpot overnight on low, so I didn't pre-cook the potatoes. Half hour before serving I stirred and kept the cover off for it to thicken. Sprinkled with Smoked Hot Paprika. Thank You irayd8u!
Everyone loved this chowder. I only used 2 family sized Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cups of milk, 8 oz. of diced ham. And no cayenne pepper. Will use a little bit more corn next time also. Yummy to our tummy's.
I have made this 3 times now. It is really good! The second time I left out the creamed corn and added more whole kernel and it was still really good. I'm making it again tonight-- goes great with some nice crusty bread!