This really is wonderful!! It is my son's favorite! Every one who has tried it, loves it!
Make and share this Ham, Corn, and Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions in the butter,
- Add ham, soup, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. (if too thick, add a little more milk).
- Add cream corn and cayenne pepper. simmer on low for 20.
- You want to stir every few minutes or so throughout the process. I serve w/ crusty bread.
I had leftover ham and needed a good recipe to pack in my DH's thermos, and this was fantastic. Instead of cooking it on the stove top I cooked it in the crockpot overnight on low, so I didn't pre-cook the potatoes. Half hour before serving I stirred and kept the cover off for it to thicken. Sprinkled with Smoked Hot Paprika. Thank You irayd8u!
Everyone loved this chowder. I only used 2 family sized Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cups of milk, 8 oz. of diced ham. And no cayenne pepper. Will use a little bit more corn next time also. Yummy to our tummy's.
I have made this 3 times now. It is really good! The second time I left out the creamed corn and added more whole kernel and it was still really good. I'm making it again tonight-- goes great with some nice crusty bread!