Recipe by Tisme
I use semi sun dried tomatoes in with this recipe and whatever vegetables I have on hand at the time. The choice and flavours are up to you!!!
Top Review by An_Net
Made this for an after work get together. I used capsicum, corn and spring onion. I also added some bacon. When baking the bread dippers with the shell, I opened the foil of the dippers for the last 10mins. This crisp the outside but left the inside still soft and warm. Thanks for sharing Tisme. Great recipe.
- 1 loaf cobb bread
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 250 g sour cream
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 150 g diced champagne ham
- 1 -2 cup capsicums (your choice of vegetables) or 1 -2 cup tomatoes (your choice of vegetables) or 1 -2 cup corn (your choice of vegetables) or 1 -2 cup spring onion, diced (your choice of vegetables)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top of your bread and pull all out the middle of the loaf, leaving around 2.5 cm of bread surrounding the inside of the shell.
- Break or tear the centre bread into pieces and wrap in foil (these are used for dipping later).
- Mix all dip ingredients and pour into the Cob shell, return the bread lid, and bake both shell and the foil wrapped bread dippers for about 30min.
- Serve the dip in the Cob shell when hot, using the bread from within to dip.
- Note~ Shell can be wrapped in foil to prevent burning.