Recipe by Ann Arber
Creamy ham chowder. Perfect for winter nights and quick dinners. This is another of my mother's Geraldine Lefever recipes she used while we were growing up. Our children have loved it too!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This is great. I added a handful of chopped green peppers and some fresh mushrooms with the onions. Also, after I started making this I discovered that there wasn't any milk, so I used frozen creamed corn instead of regular corn for creaminess and then added some of the water from cooking the potatos. This is a wonderful dish and I have now made it twice this week to use up leftover ham.
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced cooked potato
- 2 cups cooked corn, drained (15 oz. can)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham (can be 1/2 lb.deli ham chunk)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and pepper