Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick, easy and tasty way to use up leftover ham and it's just the right amount for 2-3 people when served with a salad and crusty bread. I found this is a newspaper, I don't remember which one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced summer squash or 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped potatoes (any type, I use red)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion, including tops
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook squash, bell pepper and thyme in melted butter over medium-high heat, stirring, until squash is tender.
- Add water and potato to pan; bring to a boil and reduce heat Cover pan and simmer 12-15 minutes or until potato is tender; remove from heat.
- Mash slightly with potato masher; stir in ham, scallions and half-and-half Heat thoroughly; season with pepper to taste.