Recipe by CARYN MASZCAK
The best one-dish meal I've ever made! If you love ham, potatoes, spinach and cheese, you'll love this!
- 12 ounces ham, cubed (or sliced)
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) bag cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a skillet, melt your butter. Add the flour and the milk.
- Cook until sauce thickens; remove from heat.
- Add eggs, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In another skillet, sauté the onion in some butter (I use about 1 tsp).
- When onion is cooked, add the frozen creamed spinach (I microwave the spinach first for a couple of minutes to speed up the process).
- In a casserole dish, layer half the ham, then half of the shredded potatoes and half of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat until all is used.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for about 46 minutes.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top before serving.