Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
After I tried ham salad with cheese, I never wanted to make plain ham salad again! This is my own recipe, which suits my family's taste. You might try combining the ingredients by hand if you prefer a more chunky texture.
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- bread or cracker, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended. You may need to stir a little more by hand to make sure that the mayo and mustard are blended in thoroughly.
- Serve on bread or crackers.
This was pretty tasty! I do wish I'd rinsed the ham off a little as the spread was pretty salty. I upped the mustard because I _love_ mustard. It still needed something for my taste so I added some black pepper and also made my sandwiches with a little dill pickle relish. Thanks for the recipe!
My SO and I really liked the little "zip"that the mustard gave this recipe.i had to add about a 1/2 more of mayonnaise to get it to a spreading consistancy.i never thought about making a spread with ham and cheese.thanks for posting.
I reduced this recipe to make just a couple of sandwiches for my own quick lunches and nibbles. I increased the mustard to allow more tang in the sandwich and loved it. Spread between pieces of multi-grain bread, this was substantial and filling with lots of flavor. Thanks for posting.