1/5 Photos of Ham-Cheese-Rice Bake
echo echo's Note:
Very cheesy. Turkey ham works fine in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1Heat 3 Tbsp butter in skillet and saute onion 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 2Blend in next 4 ingredients (flour through worcestershire); you may need to add another 1 Tbsp butter if too much has cooked away.
- 3Add milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- 4Add 1 cup cheese and stir until melted and well blended.
- 5Stir in ham and peas.
- 6Spread 2 cups rice in the bottom of a shallow baking dish, pour half the ham-peas-sauce mixture over the rice and top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- 7Repeat Step 6.
- 8Sprinkle with crumbs and dot with remaining 2 Tbsp butter.
- 9Bake at 400F until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham-Cheese-Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.2
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 704.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g