Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this almost everyday for an after college snack. It's soooo tasty. I cook the noodles a little different than most people so these noodles do have a strong flavor. Of course most any package of Ramen Noodles will work, but I prefer the texture of "Maruchan" Ramen Noodles.
- Pour 1 cup water in a pan.
- Put noodles in water.
- Set noodles and water to boiling.
- Once noodles have broken up rip the ham in little bite size pieces and place over the noodles.
- Just before too much water evaporates remove from stove. I like just about a tablespoon of water leftover.
- Add seasoning packet and stir around well.
- Top with cheese, let melt and enjoy!
- Important! Make sure you keep a close eye on this recipe as it cooks very fast.
I thought this sounded really easy & quick (perfect for a weeknight meal), but I also knew it could use some veggies to increase the nutritional value. So when I made it, I put a couple cups of water in a pot & added about two cups of frozen mixed veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, & peas). I added two packages of chicken flavoured ramen noodles to the pot and brought everything to a boil. While it was cooking, I chopped up some leftover ham from the night before into small cubes. I put the cubed ham on a plate and heated it in the microwave. When the veggies & noodles were cooked, I drained them & then returned them to the pot where I added the warm ham & the two packets of seasoning from the ramen noodles. I stirred everything together then served it with grated marble cheese on top. My husband loved it & I thought it was really good too. It will definitely make it onto my table again.
I confess to being very fond of ramen noodles and would happily eat them much more often than we do!!! So it was good to have this opportunity to enjoy them, and very enjoyable they were indeed!!! Thank you RRD, a fun and quick supper dish!!! Made for PAC Fall 2012