Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple snack which takes little effort and the kids can have for a afternoon snack. Versatile as any meat you like can be substituted(turkey/corned beef/chicken, ect.) so the combinations are endless, so use your imagination. Enjoy!
- Roll sheet of pastry out onto a lightly floured board.
- Cut into nine 4 inches squares, repeating with remaining sheet of pastry.
- Spread each square with mustard, then top half of each square with a strip of cheese.
- Place a strip of meat over each piece of cheese.
- Fold the pastry squares in half along the long edge of the meat/cheese.
- Moisten the edge and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place pastries, about 2 inches apart, onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush lightly with the beaten egg.
- Pierce the top of each pastry with a fork a couple of times.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until puffed and golden brown, approximately 15-18 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
yum! . I didn't bother with mustard because my children are young and not too keen on strong flavours. I used a slice of cheddar, sandwich ham and a slice of tomato to each. a big hit, and very easy.
My family loved these snacks!! They went together very quickly with a minimum amount of ingredients. I made a full batch and 3 of us managed to almost finish them off in one sitting. I will be making these again. Thanks for posting this keeper recipe!!
These were excellent. I used a whole grain mustard, Canadian bacon, and a shredded cheese blend. Served them with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Made a 1/2 batch and my hubby ate 6! (I got the other 3).