Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This ham and cheese sandwich is great as an appetizer, snack or a light meal. Ham and Swiss cheese are baked inside rolls with a flavorful spread to form delicious little sandwiches. I can guarantee everyone will be asking for more ham and cheese pleeze…….
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 (12 ounce) dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 lb chopped cooked ham
- 5 ounces shredded swiss cheese (whichever you prefer) or 5 ounces cheddar cheese (whichever you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together butter, poppy seeds,
- onion, Worcestershire sauce and prepared Dijon-style mustard. Slice rolls in half horizontally and set aside tops. Spread bottoms with the butter mixture. Top with ham and Swiss cheese. Replace tops. Arrange rolls in a single layer in a medium-baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, until rolls are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
I love this little things. This is almost the way my mom makes them, except she mixes everything together, including the chopped ham and shredded cheese. I use this recipe for the spread, but I generally just add sliced ham and cheese. They are excellent either way!