Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the quick-n-easy version of chicken pizziola. I make it when we feel like eating pizza but want something simpler and faster:D!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slice ham (deli meat) or 4 slice turkey (deli meat)
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese
- 396.89 g can pizza sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0 onion, thinly chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- parmesan cheese, as much as you please
- fresh cilantro or basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the olive oil, and saute the chopped onion with the minced garlic until golden. Pour the pizza sauce into the skillet.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and put the herbs desired to give it flavor (such as basil or cilantro).
- In a previously greased rectangular pan, place the chicken breasts and season them with salt and pepper (or as desired).
- Pour the pizza sauce over the chicken breasts then put a slice of ham (or turkey) over each chicken breast; now put the mozzarella on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and put into the oven until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. (About 30 minutes depending on the oven) Note: the cheese should become golden -- .