This great quiche recipe is from The Collector's Cookbook (tear-out) of Woman's Day magazine, April 1975 edition. It is a great way to use leftover ham, and makes an easy brunch dish.
- 1 (9 -10 inch) deep dish pie shells (unbaked)
- 1 1⁄4 cups minced cooked ham (packed into the measuring cup)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (packed into the measuring cup)
- 2 -4 tablespoons minced onions (or fresh dill)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ham, cheese and onions or dill and place in pie shell.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cayenne until frothy and pour over ham mixture.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.