Recipe by Kay D.
This recipe came from a Stonyfield Farm Yogurt cookbook. The yogurt makes 'em moist, the ham and cheese makes 'em awesome. I've made these twice in the last week, my husband likes them so much. Prep time does not include time needed to cook ham if you use the country ham such as I did.
Top Review by Mommy Lala
Had a craving for ham and cheese muffins this week and found this recipe.. I used Tex Mex cheese instead of cheddar, and it gave them a nice bite. Turned out great! The yogurt made them turm out very moist, yet dense enough to eat as breakfast. Great recipe!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham (I used country ham)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, cooled butter and eggs.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the ham, cheese and basil.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, remembering to check after the first 15 minutes are up.