Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a Stonyfield Farm Yogurt cookbook. The yogurt makes 'em moist, the ham and cheese makes 'em awesome. I've made these twice in the last week, my husband likes them so much. Prep time does not include time needed to cook ham if you use the country ham such as I did.
- Heat the oven to 400°F In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, cooled butter and eggs.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the ham, cheese and basil.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, remembering to check after the first 15 minutes are up.
Had a craving for ham and cheese muffins this week and found this recipe.. I used Tex Mex cheese instead of cheddar, and it gave them a nice bite. Turned out great! The yogurt made them turm out very moist, yet dense enough to eat as breakfast. Great recipe!
BF said I outdid myself with these. I would definately suggest doubling the ham, I did and would add even a bit more next time. I'll also cut back on the sugar a tad. But these went together quickly (I diced the ham and cheese, and mixed the dry ingredients last night. This morning I just threw everything together and into the oven) The mix is very thick but they fluff up nicely and make big, moist muffins. Great "to go" food! Thanks for sharing this!
This was a great recipe! The muffins came out great. There are only a couple of adjustments I would make:<br/><br/>- I would use less sugar - maybe just a couple of tablespoons<br/>- I omitted the basil - they tasted great without it<br/>- I baked them for 15 minutes only